Friday, October 22, 2010

Once again, in the memory of Kishore Kumar

KitnaHaseenSama.mp3

Last week was full of mixed emotions for me. While it was the great legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan’s birthday on Oct 11th and my loving elder brother’s birthday on Oct 12th, it was Kishore Kumar’s 23rd Death Anniversary on Oct 13th. As a tribute to him, I would like to present another one of my compositions for him.


Kishore da was a versatile singer and was also a great composer. It is unfortunate that at the time several maestros type casted him for just singing fun-filled, masti, halla gulla songs. Little did anyone recognize his amazing talent in the arena of singing soft romantic, emotional or rather “Dardbhare” songs; Songs like “Koi Humdum Na Raha”, “Chingari Koi Bhadke” or “Koi Hota Jisko Apna” have left a huge impact on our hearts and souls and will stay there forever.

When I composed this song, the idea was to steer away from the musical style of the last Kishore Kumar song that I had composed – “Karo Thoda Intezaar” and give a new perspective to the audience. It is also slightly inspired by the beautiful song “Aa chalke tujhe main leke chalun” from “Door Gagan Ki Chaon Mein” – again a Kishore da musical masterpiece. And just like all the other times, I wish he was alive and heard this composition, even sung it for me.

Well, the reality is that I still have long ways to go to even have my neighbor consider my songs for singing :) not that I know whether he/she is a good singer or not.

That reminds me; Full credit to my dear wife for the beautiful melody of this song. She was just humming this tune one time and when I heard it fell in love with it. Immediately thought of putting it together and it turned out be a song just for Kishore da. Just like I had said in my previous posts – you never know how a song may come about and sometimes just the first few words or the starting tune could dictate everything else related to the song. And never miss a tune you might be humming or whistling or singing.

Another good news for the blog is that Amitabh actually acknowledged the last post and expressed his “Many Thanks”. Got a screenshot just in case no one believes me ;D. You could also visit my twitter profile for more proof.. lolz. I was spellbound when I saw his reply on twitter. So thanks again to the fans, followers, critics and abusers of this blog … it’s because of you that this blog still survives.











Now, enjoy the song and I am really eager for your comments.

Here are the lyrics. You can play the song from the Player at the very beginning of the post or at the end of the lyrics –

[Mukhda]

Kitna haseen sama, Badli hui fiza

Kitna haseen sama, Badli hui fiza

Yeh mera, Dil yahan, Kho na jaye kahin

Yeh mera, Dil yahan, Kho na jaye kahin



[1st Antra]

Panchi yahan zume, Gaye khushi ke geet

Aisi hawa bhi chale, Badle har duniya ki reet

Sare nazare humare liye, Dekho mere manmeet



Nile gagan ke tale, Duniya aisi bhi pale

Nile gagan ke tale, Duniya aisi bhi pale

Yeh mera, Dil yahan, Kho na jaye kahin

Yeh mera, Dil yahan, Kho na jaye kahin



[Repeat Mukhda]


2 comments:

Aamer said...

Hi, I'm a singer in Pakistan, and I just wanted to appreciate your tribute to Kishore Sahab. You managed to capture the feeling of his earlier songs, well done. I plan to upload my own singing to my YouTube channel (though curently it's empty). If you have a YouTube account, then please add me.

Jay said...

Thanks a ton for your kind words Aamer, I am glad you liked the song. One can only aspire to be like Kishore da and I shall continue to pay tribute to him through my songs. I am eager to see your videos on YouTube and yeah, I do have a YouTube account. Here's my channel link http://www.youtube.com/jitenaries. Subscribe and we'll connect.