Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Remembering Kishore Kumar: A song composed just for him


Some of you might be surprised about an early post; on a Wednesday instead of Friday. But I couldn’t stop myself from sharing this amazing song I wrote, composed, sung and recorded for the one and only legendary Kishore Kumar on his 81st birth anniversary. This is my tribute to him.

I have worshipped two celebrities throughout my life; Amitabh and Kishore da. There is not a single occasion when I have not wished if there was some way of paying homage to these Gods of mine.

And soon after I discovered my passion for composing songs; it dawned on me that this is the only way I could truly honor them. It’s a totally different feeling. I have sung Kishore da’s songs on several occasions and have even been awarded for it. But I can’t explain the sense of achievement that I have felt after putting this song together.

I wish Kishore da was alive today. I wonder what he would have said if I had the opportunity to present this song to him. I know this dream of mine will never be fulfilled. But, imagine this song in a studio recording, with live musicians, and Kishore da actually singing it. Every time I think of it like that, I feel divine. This song may not be of his caliber, but I have written it for him from my heart.

I hope you feel the same way after listening to it. And I apologize to those who may find this offensive.

Also, thanks to my Yamaha MM6 synthesizer that my dear wifey gifted to me recently. It quickly enabled me to compose the sound track. So enjoy the song and see ya next Friday.

Please let me know what you think. I shall appreciate your inputs.

Here are the lyrics and you can play the song from the Player at the very end of the lyrics or from the Playlist on the right hand side –

[Mukhda]
Karo thoda intezaar, aate hai sanam
Karo thoda intezaar, aate hai sanam
Meri jaana, dil bekarar yeh bhi hai …
Karo thoda intezaar, aate hai sanam

[1st Antra]
Tarse nigahein, tarse yeh bahein,
Ek pal chain na aaye
Tumse humara milan ho jaye,
Bus yehi dil ab chahe

Par waqt aisa kathin hai,
Jo humein saath na laye

Karo thoda intezaar, aate hai sanam …

[2nd Antra]
Tumsehi saara jahan, Tumsehi hai dil jawan
Tumsehi saara jahan, Tumsehi hai dil jawan
Tanha yeh maan hai, tanha badan hai,
Sune sabhi raaste ..
Lagta nahi hai kahin dil mera,
Ke aeh jaaneman bin tere

Par aisa zaalim zamana,
Jo humein saath na chahe

Karo thoda intezaar, aate hai sanam …

[Repeat Mukhda]


KaroThodaIntezaar.mp3

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome composition .. keep it up .. Avdhoot

Jay said...

Thanks Avdhoot. Stay tuned. There is more to come.

Devenbhai said...

Too good brother. This composition is a unique one. Now that you have a synthesizer, may be try to re-record the older ones which are not with background sound.

Anonymous said...

We have heard your songs again at Devendra's place. Songs r really beautiful perhaps if you were in India you may have become good lyricist by now.Keep on writting songs you will receive good response from all places around in short time. God bless you.

-Pappa & Aai

Jay said...

Aai, Pappa, Deven,

Thanks so much. Keep supporting and encouraging me. It keeps me going.

Jiten

ZEG Consultants said...

Jay, good way to pay tribute to the legend! I like the tune, its very catchy! Keep working hard and the satisfaction will keep multiplying!

Jay said...

Thank you so much for visiting Azam sir. I am glad you liked it. As an amatuer musician I am still learning. The beauty is that the more I know, the more I want to learn and it keeps getting interesting.

I noticed you are exploring Kannada music. There is a plethora of talent in the regional music industry and most of that goes unnoticed. Really keen on listening to more of these songs. The last one was amazing.