Friday, August 20, 2010

Rahee Tha Main Awaara

I was travelling this week and didn’t carry my synthesizer with me. So I am back to my guitar strumming for this song. You may notice that the song is inspired from the famous Kishore Da song “Rahee Tha Main Awara”. And by inspired, I don’t mean copied or remixed. It’s just that the first few lines of the song are similar to the one sung by Kishore da.


These days the word “Inspired” is so commonly used for songs that are revised, remixed or copied as is.

I am not there yet and I hope not to. Just a few years ago I always wondered that all around the world over several years mankind has produced so many songs and artists. How is it that we are still continuing to evolve? How come there is no point of saturation. After all, there are just so many notes and chords and rhythms and keys. Then why is it that the human brain can still produce melodies or tunes that are unheard of.

Well, sometimes we do notice a lot of music composers (at least in our Indian Film Industry) tend to get monotonous over time or literally start copying songs from the West or other parts of the world. After I started composing, I noticed several similar instances where the music was sounding monotonous; where two songs seemed very similar to each other. As for the copying, I wonder whether that would be a nightmare for any creative artist. Do you think any music composer would be willingly conducting such activities or whether it is a matter of survival? If any professional music composer reaches a point of saturation and stops composing I can then imagine him/her to continue to create remixes or duplicate songs until they can reinvent themselves. These days since I am focusing on finishing up existing songs and not creating anything new, I get the paranoia myself about running out of tunes and melodies pretty soon.

Anyway, for now enjoy the song and ponder on this topic until we meet next Friday.

Here are the lyrics along with the guitar chords for those who might be interested in playing the song themselves. I may have gotten some chords wrong. So, if you think any other chords fit well, let me know.

You can play the song from the Player at the very end of the lyrics or from the Playlist on the right hand side –

[Mukhda]

E D E D
Rahee tha main awara, phirta tha main mara mara,
A C

Aake zindagi mein puri kardi, tune duniya meri
A G C

Rahee tha main awara, phirta tha main mara mara,
A C

Aake zindagi mein puri kardi, tune duniya meri
A G C

[1st Antra]
Chalta raha, phirta raha har kahin akela
A C G

Tha humko haan paraya, duniya har mela
A C G

Chalta raha, phirta raha har kahin akela
A C G

Tha humko haan paraya, duniya har mela
A C G

Jo tune haat badhaya pyar ka, hum deewane huye
C A G

To jaise jannaton ke dar khule, humare liye
C A D

Jo tune haat badhaya pyar ka, hum deewane huye
C A G

To jaise jannaton ke dar khule, humare liye
C A D

Thokar le zamane ki, phirta tha main hara hara
A C

Aake zindagi mein puri kardi tune duniya meri
A G C

[Repeat Mukhda]


Rahee tha main awara.mp3

No comments: