Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Big B

Finally, an opportunity to dedicate a song composition to the greatest legend - Shri Amitabh Bachchan. Today is his 68th Birthday and every year just like millions of his fans I have wanted to present him a gift. But the best I could offer is my love and prayers for his well being. This year I have something special to represent my love for him.

Since the 80’s songs have been composed specifically for Amitji. Songs like Mere Angne Mein, Rang Barse, etc. were a big hit. And recently music composers further experimented with his immense singing talent for movies like Baghban or Babul or even Nishabd. If you listen to them carefully you would realize how much he excels in the singing arena too. Some of these songs also have a touch of Hindustani classical music.
It was therefore a daunting task upon me as I was composing this song to try and be at par. This song is also inspired from the beautiful romantic emotional song “Main Yahan Tu Wahan” from Baghban.

Again, I understand that it may not match his caliber and some of you may also find it offensive. So please accept my apologies and realize that the composition comes from my heart. I have put in a lot of efforts and it is just a token of my love.

The recording is not the best in the world and I have also attempted Amitji’s impersonation for the only reason to present it as I was hearing it from within.

So enjoy the song and I am really eager for your comments. By the way, my elder brother is also a huge Amitabh fan and his birthday is right after Amitji’s on the 12th of October. How lucky. I hope he likes this song too.

Here are the lyrics. You can play the song from the Player at the very end of the lyrics –

[Mukhda]
Mera jeevan, Tujhse bandha Hai
Mera jeevan, Tujhse bandha Hai
Kaise jeeyun main sakhi, Tere bina
Kaise jeeyun main sakhi, Tere bina

Mera jeevan, Tujhse bandha Hai
Mera jeevan, Tujhse bandha Hai

[1st Antra]
Tum bin aise tadpun, Jal bin jaise machali
Tum bin aise tadpun, Jal bin jaise machali
Aaon tum paas mere, yun nan mujhko sataon

Dil ke dhage, Pakke bane hai
Dil ke dhage, Pakke bane hai
Kaise main todun inhe, Aasan nahi hai
Kaise main todun inhe, Aasan nahi hai

[Repeat Mukhda]

Mera Jeevan Tujhse Bandha Hai 1.mp3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing tune. I can totally picture Amitabh singing this song. It truly shows your dedication for him. The soundtrack seemed a little off at times. But overall a good performance.

Prahlad

Jay said...

Thanks Prahlad. How have you been, long time no see.