Friday, April 9, 2010

A Marathi Song

Sangu Kase Tula Re.mp3

First of all, thanks again for your responses, encouragement, suggestions and comments. It truly helps. Plus you guys are really making my life easy. After every post I get worried about the content for my next post. But your comments are really helping me decide that.


On my last post, Avdhoot suggested that I upload a Marathi song. I did have one composed. But it was just the Mukhda. I composed the entire the song this week.

So let me discuss about Marathi songs in general. They are not easy to compose. I mean, yeah in current times, you could probably put some “dinchak” song together fairly easily. But a good Marathi song with great melody and simple yet meaningful lyrics is very difficult. Or atleast that’s the case for me.

It’s a bit shameful. But growing up in Mumbai, teaches you to be fluent in Hindi, Marathi and English. But all ‘Slang’. Again, that might be just the case with me.

But my point is, Marathi itself is a very rich language. And has a great history in the world of literature. There have been some amazing compositions of Marathi songs, poetry, stories over several years. But our normal exposure is towards Hollywood or Bollywood and ofcourse Bollywood songs for the most part and hence putting lyrics together for a Hindi or English song is easier than for Marathi.

Anyway, here’s my attempt towards a Marathi song. I am also posting translation of lyrics in English for Non-Maharashtrian followers. Well, the translation is not the best of the world. So pardon me for that.

Also, I may have goofed up on the lyrics for this song. So my dear Maharashtrian friends, feel free to suggest changes or updates to the lyrics.

The intent of this blog is not just to represent my songs but to have all of you actively participate in the song writing process.

Marathi Lyrics
-------------------------

[Mukhda]

Pahta tula samor, man he khilun yete

Pahta tula samor, man he khilun yete

Pan bol bhavananche, sangu kase tula re


Pahta tula samor, man he khilun yete


[1st Antra]

Jevha julun yete, apuli kadhihi bhet

Mag gandh paklyancha, darvalto re havet

Jevha julun yete, apuli kadhihi bhet

Mag gandh paklyancha, darvalto re havet


An geet gaat tare, hotat ek sare

An geet gaat tare, hotat ek sare


Pan harsh hya kshanatil, sangu kase tula re


[Repeat Mukhda]


[2nd Antra]

Vate mitun dole, gheyu tula mithit

Vate mitun dole, gheyu tula mithit

An maruya bharari, sodun vishva sare

An maruya bharari, sodun vishva sare


Banvuya apulehi, ekhade vishva nyare

Banvuya apulehi, ekhade vishva nyare


Pan swapna tya jagache, sangu kase tula re



[Repeat Mukha]



English Lyrics
-------------------------

[Mukhda]

When I see you, my soul gets enlightened

When I see you, my soul gets enlightened

But how do I express to you, my emotions


When I see you, my soul gets enlightened


[1st Antra]

Whenever we come close, I smell the sweet fragrance of flowers

Whenever we come close, I smell the sweet fragrance of flowers

And the stars get together, to sing a lovely song

And the stars get together, to sing a lovely song


But how do I express to you, the moment of joy


[Repeat Mukhda]


[2nd Antra]

I feel I should close my eyes, and take you in my arms

I feel I should close my eyes, and take you in my arms

And fly out in the sky, away from this world

And fly out in the sky, away from this world


Lets create our own world, some place

Lets create our own world, some place


But how do I express to you, the dream of a new world


[Repeat Mukhda]


Thanks and have a great weekend.


Copyrights (c) 2007 - 2010 Jitendra Pandit. All rights reserved. All songs, tunes and lyrics are the creation of the blogger and are protected by the Internet Copyrights Law. Any replication/reproduction of these will be subject to Copyright Infringment unless special written permission is acquired from the blogger. You are allowed to share, forward, promote the posts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fakt ek shabd...Apratim..!!

Jay said...

Hey Priti,

Thanks so much. And thanks a ton for following. Lyrics madhe kahi fer far karayche astil, tar suggest kar.

Marathi songs are comparatively difficult to compose.